Here we will tell you the exam pattern and Syllabus of the NDA examination and of course we will be providing you list of best book for NDA Preparation.
National Defence Academy Examination is held twice a year i.e. in the month of April and August. About 320,000 applicants sit for the examination. About 9,000 of these are invited to interview.
But before go there in the academy you have to qualify all the NDA selection procedure and very first you have to pass the written examination……
So friends first understand the syllabus and the pattern of the examination, if you understand it well then definitely your path will become easier.
NDA Exam Pattern
NDA Exam follows a two-stage selection procedure where a written test is conducted first followed by interview round. Below is the examination pattern for the NDA written examination:
Maximum Marks And Subjects:
- Mathematics – 300
- General ability test – 600
- Total – 900
- For both these papers you will get 2 hours 30 minutes each. The exam will be conducted in two sittings with a break in between.
- The paper on General Ability is further divided into two parts. Part A covers English – 200 marks, and Part B covers general knowledge for 400 marks.
- General knowledge covers following sub-sections — Physics 100 marks, Chemistry 60 marks, General Science 40 marks, History & Freedom Movement (Social Studies) 80 marks, Geography 80 marks, and Current Events 40 marks
Preparation And Books For NDA
- For Maths, you can rely upon the NCERT Maths (XI and XII).
2.PAPER-II (General ability test):
- For English, General Knowledge and current events, my recommendation is to read any standard news paper like The Hindu.
- If you are weak in grammar, then try to strengthen it with the help of any good grammar book, which is easy to understand.
- For Physics, Chemistry and general science portion, you don’t need to prepare separately, if you are studying PCM in plus two.
Here are some books from which you guys prepare for your NDA cracking target and believe there are so many people there in the academy who prepared only with the help of these books. Maximum books are in English and some are hindi language but all are the most helpful to you. And these books cover the whole syllabus in easy way. Here we also providing you the link of these books for online puchasing but friends you can easily find all these books at your nearest book seller.
Pathfinder for NDA & NA Entrance Examination (English) by Arihant Publications (Most Popular NDA Book, If you are only buying one book, buy this one)- Buy on Flipkart
Books For Mathematics:
1. Mathematics for NDA and NA: National Defence Academy and Naval Academy (English) by R S Aggarwal –
2. The Pearson Guide to Mathematics for NDA Entrance Examination (English) by Pearson India –
3. NDA & NA – Entrance Examination for Mathematics Study Package (English) by Arihant –
Books For General ability:
1. Quick learning Objective General English by RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal –
2. Lucent’s General English –
3. Lucent’s General Knowledge.
4. Manorama Year book for Current year.
Books For Previous Year Solved Papers And Practice:
1. Chapterwise – Sectionwise Solved Papers NDA & NA (Mathematics/English/General Ability) by Arihant Publications –
2. NDA Examination (Solved papers up-to-date) (English) by Upkar Publications –
3. NDA/NA Previous Solved Papers (English) by RPH Editorial Board –
So friends best of Luck to all the candidates for NDA Examination Get-Set-Job.com wishes you for fruitful preparation.
GET-SET-GO……………………………for your JOB!!!