The Combined Defense Services Examination (CDS) is conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment into the Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy. The Notification for the examination is usually released in the months of October and June, and the examinations are conducted in February and November respectively.
The pattern for the exam is fixed and syllabus is also same by UPSC. That’s why it is achievable with the help of proper preparation for all the candidates. UPSC conducts the exam of CDS in two stages- Written and Interview. And with the help of these selection procedure candidates selected in Indian armed forces as a officer. As per the CDS 1 exam pattern the written exam conducts on three subject basis – 1. Elementary Mathematics, 2. English and 3. General Knowledge. The time for the each paper will be 2 hrs.
- Written exam detail for the CDS (Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy and Air Force Academy)
|Subject||Duration||Total marks||Total Question|
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100||120|
|Elementary mathematics||2 hours||100||100|
- Written exam detail for the OTA (Officers Training Academy)
|Duration||Total marks||Total Question|
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100||
- CDS Exams has two stages:
- Written exam.
- Interview (SSB).
The Written Examination for CDS:
- Mode of the CDS exam is offline type.
- The examination papers pattern is objective.
- There will be 120 total question in the English and G.K. portion but only 100 question will be in the Elementary mathematics.
- Each paper will be held for 2 hours’ duration.
- For every correct answer in English and General Knowledge there is 0.83 marks.
- In Elementary Mathematics 1 marks given for a correct answer.
- There is also negative marking for incorrect answers and that is 1/3 mark.
- For the candidates, appearing for OTA (Officers Training Academy), the written exam will conduct for 200 marks because there will be no Elementary Mathematics paper for them.
- Getting qualify in each and every paper is compulsory for next stage call.
The Interview for CDS:
Candidates who have cleared the CDS written exam conducted by UPSC will need to go through an interview. After clearing the first stage written exam candidate receives a call letter for interview. The interview will be conducted to test the intelligence and personality of qualified candidate.
The interview processes will be held in one of the SSB (Service Selection Board) centers in India and also conducted by them. The candidate will be measured by the selection staff after a deep and long testing process and with the help of so many tasks and skill tests.
The SSB Interview procedure comprises of two stages-
- OIR ( Officers Intelligence Rating) test.
- Interview ( Psychology test, conference, group discussion)
So friends … best of luck for your …. CDS exam….
Get-set-go…………………..for your job..